Swayamvara Parvati Homam
Swayamvara Parvati Homam
In the beginning of the universe, God was one and he wanted to create many forms. He created Devi , the female cosmic force, as a first step in the creation. From his body he created Shiva from his left side, Brahma from the middle and Vishnu from the right side of his body. Devi is considered to be powerful than the trinity of Gods and she is known as Parashakti or Paradevi. Para means beyond.
Depiction of Devi
Devi Kamakshi is also known as Lalita Tripura Sundari. She is depicted with four hands, holding a noose, goad, sugarcane bow and a lotus. She has reddish complexion and is always known to waer red coloured clothes. A crescent moon adorns her head.
Goddess Kamakshi is believed to protect her devotees through her vision. Kamakshi like many other Goddesses has more than 1000 names and all these names are found in the Lalita Sahasranama stotra. The word Kamakshi means “She who has beautiful eyes”.
When all the Gods were troubled by the demon Mahishasura, they pleaded Devi to destroy him. Goddess Devi created Goddess Chandi and Goddess Kali to assist her in eliminating Mahishasura. After the battle all the devas showed their gratitude and praised Goddess Devi. It is mentioned in Devi Mahatyam and Durga Saptasati.
For getting relief from problems in life, recitation Lalita Sahasranamam is prescribed in the scriptures. Goddess Devi takes part in the recreation and dissolution of the universe along with her consort Lord Shiva. She is worshipped as Shakti with Shiva, Smashana Tara with mahakala and Bhairavi with Bhairava and so on.
Goddess Devi is worshipped as Goddess Lakshmi, Saraswati, Sharada, Lalita,
Sri Chakra is the diagrammatic representation of Goddess Devi in Tantra tradition. The Sri Chakra comprises of several triangles and lotus petals. The centre point is known as bindu. There are totally nine levels and each one is named and has a mantra accordingly. In Sri Vidya tradition worshipping Sri Chakra is prescribed.
1. Devi Pooja: Shodasopacharas with the suggested materials and recitation of Sahasranama are done.
Cost: Rs1600/- Book Now
2. Durga Saptashati (Devi Mahatyam) Path: Durga Pooja along with the recitation of 700verses of Durga Saptasati is done.
Cost: Rs2500/- Book Now
3. Mangala Gauri Pooja: For eliminating obstacles related to delayed marriage, mangala dosha in the horoscope and marital problems, this pooja is advised. Shodasopachara poojas are performed with Namavali pooja and Goddess Devi is worshipped as Mangala Gouri
Cost: Rs 2000/- Book Now
4. Swayamvara parvati Homam: For problems related to marital life or delayed marriage, we perform Swayamvara Parvati Homam. Pooja and homam for Goddess Parvati are performed. This pooja is done in your name and with your specific desire.
5. Durga Sookta Homam: Shodasopacharas, 1008 namavali japa and 1008 Durga Sootam recitation is done. It is followed by a homam.
Cost Rs 9500/- Book Now
6. Chandi Homam: It is an elaborate homam prescribed for the elimination of obstacles, especially matters related to court cases and enemies. Goddess Devi is worshipped in the form of Saraswati, Lakshmi and Chandi.
Cost: Rs35000/- Book Now
7. Shata Chandi Yagyam: It is considered as the mother of all Devi yagyas. Durga Saptasati is recited 100 times and a homam is performed 700 X 100 times. It is performed by 100 pundits in a single day, or by 50 pundits in two days or by 25 pundits in four days.
Cost: Rs500,000/- Book Now